Ankeny, Iowa

Update by user Jul 29, 2011

David L. Ross Construction is located in Indian Mound, Tn 37079, not Woodlawn, Tn.

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2011

David L. Ross Construction(DLRC), Woodlawn, TN is an unlicensed construction contractor.

DLRC signed a contract to provided turnkey construction of my new home. Under TN statute all construction contractors acting as a General Contractor for the construction of new residences are required to be licensed by the State of Tennessee.

DLRC began construction and hired subcontractors. After one of his employees was injured on the job, I found out that DLRC did not carry Worker's Compensation, was not licensed by the state of Tennessee, and did not carry required liability insurance.

When I requested confirmation of DLRC's License, Worker's Compensation, and Liability Insurance, he "quit" working and walked off the job. DLRC was not paying required withholding taxes on employees.

The work completed by DLRS is substandard and I have incurred substantial expense having the framing work corrected.

The subcontractors hired by DLRC, Heflin Roofing and Construction, and Yarbrough Electric Services were not carrying Worker's Compensation, and were not paying unemployment taxes.

Use "Extreme Caution" when dealing with this individual.

Had an Experience with David L Ross Construction?

Comments

jasonlobs21

This is so funny!!I also am a contractor and alot of people dont realize homeowners are a nightmare.

Most states including mine dont reconize state liscensing. However this requires more inspections which is so much better for the contractor.

Homeowners become expert builders overnight.Amazes me why they just dont build the house themselves.

Inspired

You obviously have way to much free time on your hands. I'm done with your childish games.

I will let the judge determine what is owed, and who should pay.

No response is required!

***cerned33

Thank you for proving your intelligence level. The correct spelling is Karma.

Inspired

The truth will set you free!!!

Carma, Carma, Carma, don't you just love it!

***cerned33

First of all you are the one saying you live in Ia, and thank you I ahave already talked to your friends from Channel.Also the IRS.

For your information David is on the workmens compensation exemption list.Also the fact still remains YOU DO NOT PAY YOUR BILLS!!!

Inspired

David L. Ross Construction Company (not really a company registered in Tennessee, not really a licensed contractor in Tennessee, not really paying workers compensation insurance required by law, and the list goes on and on) is to be carefully evaluated before one should agree to have him do any work for them.Merely a cautionary note.

Inspired

I am inspired by your concern. Not sure what an individual in Iowa would know about an illegal contractor (David L. Ross Construction Company) in Indian Mound, TN, but I'm sure that the information provided by you is just as fake as the purses you sell.

See you in COURT.

***cerned33

Jan Black, you forgot to mention you have yet to pay for work preformed, let see the electrician, the roofer, framing, material used on the job not paid you owe Wallace supply around 40,000.00 oh yeah you wont even pay for your termite spray.

***cerned33

Give me a break, Jan Black.You forgot to mention you never paid a bill.

Never paid for the electrical, roofer,framing ect.

Everyone knows how much you owe Wallace Supply.40,000.00