David L Ross Construction - David L. Ross Construction - Home contractor walked off the job
Update added by user Jul 29, 2011
David L. Ross Construction is located in Indian Mound, Tn 37079, not Woodlawn, Tn.
Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2011
David L. Ross Construction(DLRC), Woodlawn, TN is an unlicensed construction contractor.
DLRC signed a contract to provided turnkey construction of my new home. Under TN statute all construction contractors acting as a General Contractor for the construction of new residences are required to be licensed by the State of Tennessee.
DLRC began construction and hired subcontractors. After one of his employees was injured on the job, I found out that DLRC did not carry Worker's Compensation, was not licensed by the state of Tennessee, and did not carry required liability insurance.
When I requested confirmation of DLRC's License, Worker's Compensation, and Liability Insurance, he "quit" working and walked off the job. DLRC was not paying required withholding taxes on employees.
The work completed by DLRS is substandard and I have incurred substantial expense having the framing work corrected.
The subcontractors hired by DLRC, Heflin Roofing and Construction, and Yarbrough Electric Services were not carrying Worker's Compensation, and were not paying unemployment taxes.
Use "Extreme Caution" when dealing with this individual.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Home Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "Facebook showed me the ad and I bought two low priced items using my PayPal account (thank goodness). When the items didn't arrive, I sent an email to the..."
- "Less than half a small bowl of mac and cheese for $4.59 + tax. No their fault. Its my fault so I will not buy it again!..."
- "Bought two multi chip packs. ALL the Fritos in both were stale old-tasting and hard. Noticed a couple holes near the bottom seal of the bag. Looks like glue and..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."